Refinance Your Existing Student Loan
Information about eligibility, the overall process, and repayment to refinance your non-MPOWER student loan.
Costs & Fees
- Will my interest rate increase for my refinanced loan?
- What is the origination fee to refinance my loan?
- Are there any fees for late or returned payments?
- What will my interest rate be if I refinance my student loan?
- How does my loan in my home country get converted into U.S dollars? Are there any fees associated with it?
- Are there any fees to refinance my loan?
Loan Eligibility: Citizenship & Visa Status
- Do I have to reside in the U.S. to be eligible to refinance my loan?
- Can I refinance my student loan from my home country?
- What happens if my visa or OPT expires and I need to leave the US?
- Am I eligible to refinance my loan if I am on OPT?
- What visas are eligible to refinance my loan?
- Is there a citizenship limitation to refinance my current student loan?
Loan Eligibility: Schools & Program
Loan Eligibility: Credit Requirements
- What credit bureau does MPOWER use to pull my credit history?
- Can I refinance my loan if I have bad credit or no credit history?
- Do I need a cosigner or collateral to refinance my loan?
- Do I need a U.S. credit history to refinance my loan?
- Will a cosigner or co-applicant improve my chances of approval to refinance my loan?
- Can I refinance my existing MPOWER loan?
Loan Eligibility: Declined Applications
Loan Application: How to Apply
Loan Application: Application Status
Loan Application: Required Documentation
Loan Application: Credit Reviews
Loan Application: Approval
Loan Application: Cancellation
Loan Application: Disbursement
- How is the refinance loan disbursed?
- When will my refinance loan be disbursed?
- What if my original lender indicates that I have overpaid my loan and now have a credit balance?
- What if my original lender indicates that I still have a balance remaining on my loan?
- Should I continue to make my regular payments on my current loan while it is being refinanced?