You will begin making interest-only payments on your loan 30 to 45 days after it is disbursed. These payments are made while you are in school and for the first six months after graduation to help you start building your U.S. credit history. You will begin making full repayments (i.e., interest plus principal payments) starting six months after you graduate until the loan is paid off (10-year repayment period).
Articles in this section
- How do I set up an automatic withdrawal?
- What is an automatic withdrawal?
- If I apply for $25,000 but my university only requires a smaller amount, do I pay for the whole loan?
- How do I make payments if I go back to my country after school?
- Can I make payments from my Canadian bank account?
- How much time do I have to pay back the loan?
- I need to cover my living expenses. Can I apply for a loan to cover them specifically?
- What payment methods can I use to repay my loan?
- When will I need to start repaying the loan?